Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making More Goodies

Got all jammed up
When I ran out of jams.
What do we have
To send to our fans --
For this Christmas?

We have plenty
Of our fine bourbon balls.
This may cause some
Of our friends to fall --
Off the wagon.

The macaroons --
I can make plenty more,
When my Richard
Returns from the store --
With groceries.

Blackberries and
The blueberries I froze,
I will defrost,
Because Heaven knows
We need more jams.

After Richard
Has the packages wrapped,
Into the sleigh
The gifts are all stacked
For the mailing.

We finally
May put up the lights.
Did the gutters
Hard freeze overnight?
We can hope not.

Our holiday
Home is such a wreck
To look at it
You’d never suspect
We’ll get finished

In time for our
Nieces, my brothers,
And our nephews,
Grandkids and others.
But we’re on it…

No comments:

Post a Comment