Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fairy Wings and Webs

The snowball bush is blooming
At our home in Coker Creek.
The azaleas will need pruning
When their blooms have peaked,
Except for the wild ones
That grow among the trees.
These are always nice surprises
That never fail to please.
There are trees with fairy wings
That drift down on the deck.
I know that I should sweep
Them off, but oh what the heck!
It’s not often fairies come to play
In one’s own back yard.
Last week they were spinning webs;
I have to thank the Lord
That I am here to see this spring
The dandelions and dogwoods.
I’m such a creature of nature’s whims,
The seasons are my moods.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful poetry! And wonderful truths!
    You wouldn't happen to know Jack Darnell of Coker Creek? He is quite the writer!

    ReplyDelete