Sunday, January 30, 2011

Not a Wicked Woman

I wish The Spirit moving in me was calm and quiet;
Whenever I discuss scripture, I seem to spark a riot.
It's not that people think that my beliefs are wrong;
It's just that most like their religion with a gentler song.

I've been told by many not to share my voice,
But it seems as I get older, this is not a choice.
My daughter once said to me that's the job of a granny
To hand out opinions, of which I have so many.

Why is it for some The Spirit whispers when mine roars?
I don't seem to have an inside voice when my spirit soars.
It's very hard on babies and those who are convalescing;
To these folks, my energy doesn't feel like a blessing.

I know that most of us have been been told all our lives
To never speak of politics or the faith on which we thrive;
But the country seems to speak of almost nothing else
I simply want a more peaceful way to express myself.

There are many still thinking that a woman who is good
Will happily sit in silence while the menfolk set the mood.
I have really tried this, but it doesn't work for me;
The more I try to stifle, the more words fight to be free.

I wake up every morning and I ask the Holy Spirit
To heal my heart and my head, and control the words I spit.
It sometimes seems to work as I would like it to do.
But when passions are sparked, my words rise a decibel or two.

I know I'm not a preacher, nor an official teacher,
But I share the same Light as every creature.
And I want to shout this new knowledge in word and song
That the people who think me wicked may have always been wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Well well lady, this one comes through LOUD & CLEAR!

    I think it is good that you can say what is on your mind and in your spirit.
    (But in the White HOuse keep your voice down to a gentle roar!)

    Love it, it's good!
    Speaks nto only of you but many others less proficient in wordology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Jack! Yvette!!! Take that spirit to the White House and speak your convictions so there is no doubt where you stand on any issue. It's not the volume of the voice that determines the value of your expression. That's why when I preach I raise my voice a little. I want to hear the fire of conviction in a person's voice when discussing religion. Of course it's good to make way (after we've had our say) for others to express their opinions too! ☻☻☻

    I love this verse:
    "I wake up every morning and I ask the Holy Spirit
    To heal my heart and my head, and control the words I spit.
    It sometimes seems to work as I would like it to do.
    But when passions are sparked, my words rise a decibel or two."

    ReplyDelete