Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What to Do

Today, I decided to rise from my bed,
Before my darling thought I was dead.
I made him a sandwich to take for lunch
He's been missing this, I had a hunch.

I'll send out my thanks to all my sitters,
Letting them know I'm not a quitter.
I have enjoyed being lazy, it is true,
But there are many things that I can do.

I've been contacted by a new editor;
I can, once again, publish, I'm sure.
It's time to get my brain back in gear
If we don't use it, we lose it, I hear.

I still can't exercise, but they don't mean my brain;
It's the more physical forms from which I have to refrain.
For writers and readers, the library 's a resource,
And all of it's paid for by our taxes, of course.

While I have free time, and no binding employment
I may become a volunteer and seem heaven sent.
There are probably many for whom I could cook
I'll begin this week on an effort to look.

I would probably prefer to rock sick little babies,
But when I inquired, I was looked at like I'm crazy.
I could teach pre-teens and teens how to cook,
But they would probably give me "the look."

For now, I'll only seek opportunities
Where the people I help will be pleased.
This way, the situation is always win-win,
But I am rather tired of beginning again.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to hear you are recovered enough to let the sitters go and are ready to volunteer.


    Great news about the editor, hope all goes the way you want. YOur writings should be published.

    Love
    Sherry & Jack in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete